Module X

all MATES
Attila

Module X

Post by Attila » Mon May 22, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm about to add Module X to my order. I'm in the last batch and I have time.

I read the updates and many of the comments, but I still have a lot of questions.

1. How much is the yearly subscription? (I read somewhere that it is $25. $25 is a compatible price if correct.)
2. Can I use a different sim card (and provider) with the unit or I stuck with the one provided by Mate?
3. It is not fully functional. Am I correct? (So it can be ready and delivered in Christmas, 2020.)
4. Is it integrated into the frame (and not visible from the outside)?

Thank you!

rez

Re: Module X

Post by rez » Wed May 24, 2017 6:48 pm

That's right it's $25 per year after the first year which is free,at the moment only mate sims come with but that's not to say in the future you can't switch,the idea is mate will monitor your bike & let you know when it needs servicing or parts...it's built into the frame so can't be seen & even has a back up 18650 cell so it'll ping even should the thieves take the battery out!
The data works globally so $25 a year isn't too much,compared to our bikes anyway lol good luck ;)

Attila

Post by Attila » Thu May 25, 2017 11:42 pm

Thank you!

I like this feature. I hope we will get it in this decade.

rez

Post by rez » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:01 am

Me too,I'm fairly certain we will,I follow the other apps that commode have and they get regular updates & have 5 star ratings (a couple of 4 star ones) so that's encouraging! Its good to see the earlier bikes are landing and nice comments on the bikes build quality etc,& they're the lower spec ones! I'm new to this forum hence slow reply...hopefully we'll get an update v soon on the module & the app will go live on the AppStore :)