Mate User Modifications

all MATES
R Evoli

Mate User Modifications

Post by R Evoli » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:03 pm

Can I suggest we have a space for useful mods users have made to their mates. What, why, how etc. Pictures always good.

vince

Re: Mate User Modifications

Post by vince » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Thank you for the suggestion R Evoli!
Have you already an idea for the name of that section? Do you mean a new forum at the same level of Maintenance, General and so on or nested somewhere?
vince

R Evoli

Post by R Evoli » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:42 am

I was thinking somewhere where people could easily and quickly see what others had done and judge for themselves the merits. I have not got mine yet but have already noted someone's handy suggestion to stop the rattling of control box in frame using packaging padding. Next area for me will be mudguards I suspect as those supplied leave something to be desired, especially in U.K. Then there are lights, bar ends, racks, bottle cage, locks and even gearing to look at. I don't want to reinvent the wheel (or bike in this case) so a handy section titled "Useful Modifications" might be good. I am sure it won't be long before electrics start to get tampered with either.... For a start that pesky speed limiter... Or maybe an additional front wheel motor..... lots of fun to be had. :D

vince

Post by vince » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:15 pm

I think It's a really good idea. The first step is to collect and post materials. At the beginning under 'maintenance' we can post using as subject any tool, item, accessory we are interested in. In this way a discussion could start and each member could post suggestions/alternatives even link to product of relevance.
vince