The Elephant in the room / Where is my mate?

all MATES
turk123

The Elephant in the room / Where is my mate?

Post by turk123 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:16 pm

I thought I would bring up a topic that we all are patiently (and not so patiently :D ) waiting to hear about. With the long period of very little communication recently, it begs to wonder what is happening to the production schedules. Some are saying the Mate team has lost the ability to communicate. I'm patiently waiting and hoping this doesn't go too long.

So where are the Mate bikes? What's happened to the first shipped batch? There should be an update soon. I hope it explains it to the many backers who are beginning to get just a bit uncomfortable.
Two Mate's - 350 motor 17AH battery.
====================================
*** Moderator***

vince

Re: The Elephant in the room / Where is my mate?

Post by vince » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:37 am

In this phase all backers are willing to receive news about their MATE. I see on the campaign page, the MATE Team intensify the post in order to answer to backers.
I'm batch 2 and I didn't yet received a confirmation date for delivery; still waiting to fulfill information on the database the Team is building up.
However we have to consider the project is complex; the Team has realized a company from scratch in few months and having to manage not just with production issue but also with different countries regulation.
I agree with you the communications provided by the Team could be improved.

In this forum right now the discussion is mostly concentrated on shipment. I hope in few weeks we can start discussion about: unpacking, riding impressions, share photos, comments on performance and how to do maintenance of our MATE.

BR,
vince
vince

turk123

Post by turk123 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 pm

I guess my biggest beef is that due to their inexperience, they did not anticipate issues that clearly needed to be addressed much earlier on. I bet that they postponed dealing with the shipping issues because production was taking all their time. The scaling of this thing is huge, especially for this being their first business. I'm not faulting them entirely for this issue, but they knew it was coming and had not the instruments or people to deal with it.

What an opportunity for someone to start a business that helps these "new found" crowd-funding projects get on their feet. The Mate company sure could have used someone with experience. Why did Mate have to write a data base to handle the shipping? Why from scratch? Don't you think there are companies to handle these issues for you? I'm sure there is software out there also. Why re-invent the wheel again. I think partially ego and possible to preserve the money coming in. Well, it has hurt their reputation at least in the short run.

I believe we will all get our bikes soon. In my case, my wife and I had planned a long trip for this summer. We wanted to take the bikes with us. Time is getting short and it's kind of sad if the bikes come after we leave. It's not the end of the world. We will live.
Two Mate's - 350 motor 17AH battery.
====================================
*** Moderator***

vince

Post by vince » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:35 pm

I fully agree with you and I though the same. Why they have to build a database from scratch just right now. In addition the funds raised could help to address some issue and as you said some of them could be anticipated. The database and the ability to complete the order prossess - I mean pay duty and VAT - is necessary in order to finalize the shipment to the backer address (final address not an intermediate location). I think that issue could introduce delay even on batch 1 and 2.
This forum could help the Mate Team at least to organize all the stuff on a structured way. In addition analysis like your are important because they could get exactly the point in a fair and constructive way.
Me too I'm willling to receive soon my ebike and planning trips around my area.
vince