Hi from Cornwall, UK

Here your first post about you: location, model of MATE you own, plan, ...
Bazzer58

Hi from Cornwall, UK

Post by Bazzer58 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:05 pm

My name is Baz. I have purchased two City + bikes, one with Module x and one with just the Module. I'm in batch 4.

I originally purchased the package with the two Mate S bikes until I found out that you cannot legal use them in the U.K. This was discussed with a stine at Mate who said I would get a credit note for the $100 difference.

I haven't had a credit note and want the money not the credit note. Also my invoice still shows the Mate S bikes.

This would mean that, not only am I down $100 but I am also being invoiced for two Mate S bikes and I am expected to pay vat and duty on them.

I have asked them to sort it out for over a month now without any joy apart from they said they were looking into it nearly 3 weeks ago.

Very disappointed as I want to get it sorted, have the modules taken off and get airfreight, but I am not doing anything until my invoice is sorted.

Happy days 😡

Lee

Re: Hi from Cornwall, UK

Post by Lee » Wed May 24, 2017 4:57 pm

I used to have a 2000W ebike that I used to cycle 22 miles a day through London without anyone saying anything.
I just made sure I was peddling, especially going past the police.

John

Re: Hi from Cornwall, UK

Post by John » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:50 pm

I agree. I have ordered a Mate S in the UK.
Pretty sure that as long as you are peddling - there will be no issues. If pulled over, I intend to plead ignorance.
I doubt I will get pulled over, and I doubt even if they do, they will look to see if it is outside of regs.
Also, with brexit happening - who knows - they could be within regs in two years.