Two Mate S / Unboxing and assembly Instruction

Here you can tell to the community your experience riding your MATE
DeniseNiR

Re: Two Mate S / Unboxing and assembly Instruction

Post by DeniseNiR » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi Turk,
Thanks for being so good and posting so many awesome photos!! i just got my MATE on Thursday and am testing it out this weekend!! I'm so far thrilled with it but keep reading about peoples concerns with the front wheel locking device. I see that you shared a photo of a shimano one - would you you happen to have a link to it on amazon.com (I'm in Washington DC). Given several people have said the one on the front wheel of our Mates is a poor quality one, I'd like to switch up and get a good one sooner rather than later to avoid any issues with the wheel. I've never had quick release wheels as I always felt they were higher risk to fall off accidentally and/or easier to steal so this is a new thing for me. I have a Sondors Thin bike which has given me ZERO trouble so want to set my MATE up for success too!!

Thanks for being great with the advice and I wish you and your wife many happy days on your travels with your MATES!

your MATE In DC
Denise :)

turk123

Post by turk123 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Connector is a barrel connector. 12mm long anf 5.5mm wide. Ignore what appears to be two wires in that plug, it is really only one.
Two Mate's - 350 motor 17AH battery.
====================================
*** Moderator***

turk123

Post by turk123 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 pm

For the Shimano skewer you just have to search for Shimano HB-RM50 Front Quick Release. Amazon is currently out of them. I found the second one on Ebay. The $20 ones from Shimano are just as good and reliable. Make sure you get one that says "front" skewer. They are all about the same size.
*** Moderator***

turk123

Post by turk123 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:41 pm

timmarcum22 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:47 pm
The fenders are an issue. I followed a video on You-Tube that shows the fenders installed opposite of Turk's (front in back and back in front). This is partially because the front bolt was installed on the rear of the suspension fork. I ran the rear fender through the fork from the rear and attached the bolt through the metal holder.

I now believe Turk has them installed correctly. I will modify my MATE accordingly.
I actually looked up the LLobe bike and it shows the fenders installed opposite of mine! I'll attach a photo and you can clearly see the bracket on the rear fender. I actually prefer the way I installed it as it protects you more from water in the front.
fender.jpg
fender.jpg (51.33 KiB) Viewed 936 times
*** Moderator***